FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions, Experiences [2019]
Old May 8, 2019, 12:57 pm
wanderingkev

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Originally Posted by rieuwa
OK, I have absolutely no idea how that escaped me for 1,5 years.....

It was a good weekend for CPU to MCO. I unfortunately had to cancel that award ticket, bought a paid ticket Saturday back Monday am, and both again cleared CPU!

I have to say, same as last year, I've had excellent upgrade rates (CPU or RPU) across the domestic network whatever time of week flying out of SFO, including hub-to-hub. Yes, I've occasionally had to call to push through RPU on the most difficult routes >72h like SFO-EWR, or my favorite lie-flat SFO-EWR ~10pm flight but almost always have managed.

Similar situation for GPUs. I haven't had a single GPU not clear on multiple tens of flights to SFO-LHR, CDG, AMS, SYD, EWR-LIS.... even on things like Christmas or Thanksgiving weekends, and I don't usually book more than ~2 weeks out. I feel lucky, reading other's experiences with upgrades, and quite honestly this keeps me loyal to UA.
I would say I am 90% clearance YTD with about 5 of the missing 10% due to me making SD changes to flights already fully booked so as to get home early