FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Dynamic Award Pricing" by UA; questions, experiences, .... {Archive}
Old May 8, 2019, 11:28 am
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jsloan
DL seems to have focused on providing a quality product, but SkyTeam is awful. (SkyPesos are also awful, but perhaps no worse than the new MileagePlus). It's not a great time to be a low-yield frequent flyer.
Yes, ST is horrible. When your list of "best" partners includes AF, AM, and MU, that's a serious problem as an international traveler.

Originally Posted by jsloan
Right, that was my point -- and that's doubly true for mostly-domestic flyers. I could attain *G on OZ (well.......) or NH or AV or whatever, and I'd gain United Club access but I'd lose out on the upgrades and E+ seating when I'm not upgraded. If I were SFO-based and flying mostly TPAC, or EWR/IAD-based and flying mostly TATL, or whatever, it might be a different story.
The upgrade benefits in particular are much more generous than any foreign carrier of which I'm aware (except possibly CM).