FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Elite guarantee not honored
View Single Post
Old May 8, 2019, 10:34 am
DJ_Iceman

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
Why are you blaming OP for a clear customer service fail by the property? Mean-spirited has no place on FT.
I thought it was a fair question, not mean-spirited. If I was the GM getting an e-mail days after a stay complaining that a guest didn't get the bed type they reserved, my first question would be, "Well, it wasn't a big enough deal to say anything about it at the time, they apparently slept in the room just fine, so this sounds like just another whiner."

I'm not saying the OP isn't entitled to the room type guarantee or that the situation is fine. But we are now living with the consequences from sites like this convincing people that they are entitled to "compensation" for every little thing. I can only imagine how many spurious complaints hotel management must get on a daily basis, to the point where I can kind of understand them becoming numb to it. And sadly, when a legitimate situation comes up that calls for compassion and that old Marriott "spirit to serve", it gets lumped in with the rest.