FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)
Old May 8, 2019, 8:29 am
jiunsoh

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by Chris0301
Slightly off-topic but wouldn't it be wonderful if Accor could manage its existing Status system properly before embarking on a major overhaul? Especially the integration of AdvantagePlus and Le Club?

My AdvantagePlus membership is unfortunately half a year out of sync with Le Club Accor, and last July 1 (the start of my current cycle) AdvantagePlus very kindly told me my Platinum status was gone and I was back at default Silver (despite my Le Club dashboard showing Platinum until December 31, 2018). Not too big an issue as I am also HHonors and was staying mostly at Conrads last year. This year though I have been at Sofitels a lot and my Accor status just turned Gold........except now it shows my Gold status only valid until June 30, 2019 (the end of my current AdvantagePlus cycle).

My understanding, supposedly confirmed by the AdvantagePlus person at the Sofitel Manila last week, is the Gold status should run through the end of the next calendar year, but Le Club seems to disagree. Numerous emails to Le Club and AdvantagePlus with no reply; thank goodness for HHonors.
accor advantage plus determine your status by 2 methods
1) previous year method - this will calculate last calendar year status point/night earning, then you get the status from the date you join or renew until the a+ membership expire.
2) current year method - this will calculate your status point / night based on current year January till the date you join or renew. I want to highlight this because their cut-off date is based on your renewal date.

let's say you joined or renewed during JUNE last year, so your a+ platinum will valid from 1 June 2018 till 31 May 2019
and if you cannot qualify using both current and previous year method, and you decided to renew on 15-May-2019, then you will become SILVER starting 15-MAY.