FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tight connection in COK between SpiceJet and IndiGo
Old May 8, 2019, 5:13 am
vishalgupta22

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CBeckett
I'm traveling in June - didn't book my own travel - and the final portion of my itinerary is:
MLE - COK (SpiceJet)
COK - DXB (IndiGo)
DXB - YYZ (Air Canada)
There are very tight connection times - 1h40m in COK and 2h10m in DXB
I have added confirmed seats to the first two flights to help me get off of the planes faster. I will be flying with carryon only.
SpiceJet offers online check in but I can't find out if it applies to International flights or just domestic. Does anyone know for certain? If I can check in online, can I go directly to the gate?
The MLE/COK and COK/DXB flights are on different PNRs.
If I have to clear customs etc to check in at the counter I seriously doubt that I'll make the connection and would look to switch my DXB - YYZ flight until the next day - although it's not a direct flight, so I'd prefer my original booking!
Any insight/advice appreciated!
Spice Jet online check-in doesn't matter coz the risk is when changing from SG to 6E at COK. I am assuming you are trying to do online check-in for 6E COK-DXB, in anycase, online check-in in India doesn't work for international flights.
At COK, you will need to:
  • Deplane (remember your 1:40 minutes are from expected touch down)
  • Clear immigration and Customs
  • Some airports have hand bag scan on international arrivals (like BLR), so if COK has that, count a few minutes there
  • Check - in with 6E
  • Immigration
  • Security
I hope you can make it, I think it's way too risky to try.
I am assuming you either have a Indian Visa or don't need a visa.