View Single Post
Old May 7, 19, 7:14 pm
jrl767
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back home in the REAL Washington (SEA); still working occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by KT550 View Post
Greetings to all. Currently on a road trip from Cleveland, OH to Charlevoix, MI and back. Staying in Elyria, OH about 20 miles from CLE tonight.

Reports on the net say Northrop Grumman's One Eleven, N164W made its last flight yesterday (6 May) from BWI. It had been one of their test aircraft for many years, having been delivered from LGW to Westinghouse International in 1983. It was previously with Dan Air as G-AXCK (s/n 090).

I can't cope with posting a link from a mobile phone but if you search the photostream on
flickr bwi2muc you should see a couple of photos taken yesterday.

All the best

KT
Westinghouse (predecessor to NG) modified the jet to serve as a flying testbed for the B-1B radar ... after my stint in 767 flight test, I transferred to the B-1B Avionics program as equipment manager for the One-Eleven flight test program, and spent about seven months on site at the BWI facility working closely with the Westinghouse test engineers as they developed the certification program plan for the modified aircraft ... unfortunately never got a chance to fly on it either at BWI or when it came out to Edwards AFB

I think it was the last airworthy One-Eleven anywhere in the world