FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice please on plane incident
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2019, 4:22 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by avb123
I guess really I expected when back a letter from BA personal to our situation. Maybe my expectations are to high.
In which case I would construct a case for how this would be resolved to your satisfaction, write to BA on those lines, give them 2 weeks to reply. MCOL/CRA will probably require a monetary value to be attached to this. Then if you feel strongly about this, follow the MCOL/CRA process to get BA to accept your resolution proposal. There is a process in place for this, but it requires certain steps to be done. The fact that a low-to-medium Avios offer has been made is a factor in BA's favour, equally if that offer has no value for you (bearing in mind it can be used for getting wine, hotels, car hire and so on) then that's a good reason for seeking alternative remedies.

[Admin point: on your first day on FT you are only allowed 5 posts, after 24 hours that restriction is lifted automatically]