View Single Post
Old May 6, 19, 11:35 pm
residentx

I had a leisure stay here on Sunday, actually got to use the lounge and other facilities.

I was, as usual these days, preupgraded to a one bed suite. I arrived about 5.30 and the guy on reception was disinterested and told me my room was still dirty that I’d chosen online. No welcome cava offered or a diamond welcome. Told me I would only have breakfast in the lounge and the restaurant was for ‘paying guests’. Off to my other, same category, room and I was a little miffed. A one bedroom suite overlooking the roof garden with tiny windows, the only thing making it a suite was a wall.

My key card didn’t work in the lounge door, so had to go and get that changed. Alfonso provided a warm welcome and the cava flowed until I changed to red wine, all served at my table. The lounge was busy with families being the long weekend but all were well behaved. Alternative beers and other options were made available to guests, with peroni being the default. Snacks were sausage rolls and quiche - along with the usual cold cuts, cheese and breads. At 8.30pm I said goodnight and went out into the city.

No turn down or welcome gift this time, but another good sleep on the Bankside’s soft linen. The shower in this room was rubbish, kept on falling down and is over the bath. Temperature was also very inconsistent.

Down for breakfast and the usual great welcome in Oxbo and no mention of an additional charge for diamonds. Everything was well stocked, my eggs were brought to the table in minutes and a good flow of filtered chilled water. It’s still one of the best Hilton breakfasts in London.

Checked out for two nights at home before back on Thursday.