FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OTP Accountability In New Zealand
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2019, 4:58 pm
oranjemakker

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by bce1
Especially as when you push them to define if it is a rolling delay or a clearly defined time they can pretty much always tell either themselves or by a phone call exactly what is happening.

My pet hate is when I can tell off the app that the arriving aircraft is arriving after the schedules departure time for the next flight - but they don't tell you until after the boarding time for that second flight or when you ask tell you with a straight face it is on time. I appreciate that they occasionally swap in aircraft but the lack of information without having to dig for it infuriates me. I know everyone has reasons to get somewhere, but my wife and i frequently juggle childcare and its not a drama if Im late - the drama comes when I cannot communicate what is going on and the evolving new times.
You are so right about having to one's own digging! Yesterday my situation was the 1405 was delayed to supposedly 1450, and there was a later 1505. i was on a flexi and no luggage and the later flight was wide open, so my question was which one would leave first. The lounge had no idea and would not call operations (they were not busy BTW) and so I went to the regional gates and they told me what was going on. Eventually I stayed on the same flight which left about 10 minutes earlier than the later one.

So its not like the info is not right at hand for them, its just poor communication or lack of willingness to communicate. Back to my other posts one of the reasons for me to choose NZ over JQ on routes where they both fly is frequency of NZ and hopefully better IRROPS handling!