FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2 weeks in Australia - Itenarary help
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2019, 5:45 am
nancypants

Programs: QF WP
I’m assuming you looked at a third party website as there is limited availability showing on the official Ayers Rock resort website- I searched 29/5 for 3 nights which should be enough (ayersrockresort.com.au). With kids I would suggest Emu walk apartments although i’m Not sure if they have access to a pool which may or may not be relevant

(I believe all the Yulara hotels are affiliated with Accor, points stays may be more limited than paid, I don’t know enough about the program to comment on that)

you will probably do well to rent a car. Booked directly they usually have a pathetic 100km a day limit although I believe arranging it through tourism NT means it has unlimited KMs (the tourist office in Alice Springs would be able to help with this). You may decide you want to go to kings canyon and do the rim walk- then again with small kids you may not

there’s not a huge amount of flight options out of Yulara to go somewhere else as well. I also wouldn’t really recommend using it as a base cos it is crazy expensive. Although there are Cairns-Yulara flights (it’s a triangle route at the moment with one way via Alice Springs), which could work nicely

the reef (great barrier reef) is more towards the coast, cairns is probably the most sensible jumping off point

ps Alice to Yulara is about a 4-6 hour drive with not a huge amount of diversions on the way. With 2 kids i’d Probably not recommend it. The flights are generally a fairly good deal on points, especially the cairns triangle I mention above)