FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delayed on AS 375 EWR-SFO (5/5/2019)
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2019, 3:37 am
VegasGambler
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting ending to this story...

When we got off the plane they had to un-check us in, and they told us that we would have to re-check-in at 9. This was announced a few times but a few people missed it.

Anyway so there was this one lady (in F) who was kind of losing it the whole time and trying to pull a DYKWIA in really strange ways. Like, asking why they aren't prioritizing first class customers for announcing information. I'm not even sure what that means (did she want them to build a soundproof room?)

So, of course, she missed the 6 announcements that we had to check in again. When we went to board her bp would not scan -- they told her that she had to check in again. She refused. There was no line... it would have taken less than 30 seconds to check in. She wanted to argue with the gate agent instead. I was behind her in line, so another gate agent called me over when it was clear that she was intent on arguing. My buddy boarded a little later in economy and said she was still arguing. She never got on the plane.

Interesting place to draw a line in the sand... wait out a 5.5 hr delay and then refuse to get on the plane because you don't want to talk to a GA to check you in.

Last edited by VegasGambler; May 6, 2019 at 3:43 am