FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does A3 still file inter-country fares?
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2019, 1:19 am
Knobbgb

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by pewpew
I remember back in 2016 I was able to book BOD-ATH-FCO for slightly more than BOD-ATH, leading me to suspect A3 filed a BOD-FCO fare at one point. Does A3 still file fares between countries? I'm planning the annual 4-sector run this summer, and I'm wondering if I'm limited to booking XXX-ATH-SKG/island, or if there are still inter-country fares out there. Google flights lists "price unavailable" when I try to force, say, A3/LHR-ATH-FCO (and ITA matrix shows me that it's just a combination of LHR-ATH and ATH-FCO fares), so I'm not optimistic...
I haven't seen any of the N.Europe-ATH-N.Europe flights for a while but there are many options available to international destinations closer to Athens such as SOF, BEG, OTP, TIA, IST, LCA as somebody already mentioned. For example, if you book ahead, LHR-ATH-TIA is often cheaper than LHR-ATH on the same flight. Right now there are also some great fares available to A3's new North African destinations too, which not only earn you the segments you require, but lots of additional miles. The first example I checked was BER-ATH-CMN for 83 Euro in September and AMS-ATH-RAK for 112 Euro in June. I'm sure there are some better out there if you have time to search.