FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA | 2019 edition
View Single Post
Old May 5, 2019, 3:19 pm
1Aturnleft

Originally Posted by FEMW
Not quite a DYKWIA but a 30 something wandering round with headphones on and a mobile phone clamped to ear under the headphone.....wandering round with hands in pocket and TALKING REALLY LOUDLY. So much that you can see folk turning and looking at him cos he’s THAT LOUD.

Eventually I give him a good long hard stare that stops him in his tracks - he looks and gives me the thumbs up and takes the hint and sits down.

With headphones on - you have no perception of how loud you are speaking.

Oh and by by the way - I am profoundly deaf and wear powerful hearing aids so that gives you some sense of how LOUD this guy was!
There was one of those in the AENA lounge at ALC yesterday evening. Linen shirt, shorts, shades tucked in the shirt button, LV holdall, Yorkshire accent...

Conversation with the unfortunate on the other end started off with bragging about a deal with Ian Botham. Ian Botham. BEEFY!! Progressed to bragging of negotiating his next project and commanding a 'big lump of cash instead of a salary' and getting out to Monaco by PJ.

After the lounge attendant asked him to keep his volume down he made a few snide comments to his telephone audience about being told off and waltzed off to the toilets still in conversation. Came out a couple of minutes later still loudly talking but now with the shades on and left. Watched him out of the window board his Jet2 flight to LBA.... So much for PJ's to Monaco!