FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free
Old May 5, 2019, 11:43 am
impeymac

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Lexicycle
I am gold card on Qatar and usually fly business class but discovered that with a recent economy ticket I could only use the oryx lounge ! Furthermore my 4 guest passes are only available for oryx longe only. These are worthless so called freebies. I entered the oryx lounge, took one look and walked back out without ordering anything. It is an overcrowded lounge serving crap to the greedy passengers of this world who pile up their plates because they think we have to make the most of this.
Qatar have wonderful food and wine in business class but their Doha lounge choice for frequent flyers like me is an insult. I have started using Oman Air and stop overs at Muscat to enjoy their lounge facilities .
This is not new & has been the case since day 1 of the opening of QR lounges in both the old airport & HIA. If you want access to QR business class lounges, fly business class or pay the entry fee to Al Mourjan (assuming your Y ticket permits it).

I wish you luck with Oman Air, goodbye.