FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)
Old May 5, 2019, 1:40 am
james21_h

Originally Posted by uppereastsider

I’m here now and have great luck finding Blantons Black and Blantons STFB at way lower than US prices.

its a real struggle finding Japanese whiskey with age statements. Only found one Hibiki 17 for 375 USD in the wild so far
Blanton's black is everywhere for about $33. Blanton's SFTB can be easily found too at the price you listed above. Just the Japanese whiskies are really hard to get at retail prices! Last time I was at BIC camera Tokyo I got the Yamazaki NAS at 4100 yen which I considered a great deal. And Nikka 12 at 5500 yen... not sure if they are still available at that price anymore. If you are in Japan to hunt any aged Suntory whiskies or Nikka whiskies at retails you are too late to the game now! I remember just one year ago I passed by stores had Hibiki 21 and Hakushu 18 on the shelves for 27,000 yen each and I passed on them because my check in bags are too full already. Now it's a different world out there!