FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The babybus (Sweden<> East Coast) Fare meetup thread
Old May 4, 2019, 8:12 pm
KeaneJohn

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Very envious of this. As a data point, when I did my BA1 to AA. TP run, for some reason AA has BA1 as international as it’s from London and the system only books flights allowing the BA INT to AA DOM MCT. They couldn’t override this for love nor money and didn’t grasp the concept of pre-clearance in SNN as it was an international flight arriving from London.

I resigned myself to a night at JFK and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for around $160. What it lacked in TLC and this was mainly the rooms (80s motel carpet and massive A/C unit) it more than made up for in the public areas, and warm hospitable staff. To get there you take the air train to the hotel shuttle/car rental stop and they return you to the terminal of your choice. I wasn’t overly fussed as at the time I booked my trip I was flying DUB-LCY-MAD-JFK and BA pulled the LCY-MAD part so I was expecting to either have to go direct from DUB or back via LHR and the ‘helpful’ AA agent said, oh I’ve got s one stop flight from LCY to JFK leaving 30 mins after you were originally due to depart but it gets into JFK 5 hours earlier, would that do for you..... when I said it would be she said she needed to get her manager to override availability which would take a while.