FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free
Old May 4, 2019, 12:11 pm
navylad

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by piotrger
So my story of rebooking flight due to aircraft swap is as follows:

I had a QR award booking Berlin - Doha - Chicago.
5 days before the trip, they swapped aircraft on Berlin- Doha route, so I thought about changing the ticket to a morning flight from Warsaw.
So I called:
- Doha main call centre - fairly nice agent, no help ("no availability")
- USA call center - the agent couldn't be more bothered with my call... I had a feeling like I interrupted someone's meal... ("noooo... I don't know... you have to email Qatar...")
- emailing the QR - got a quick response within an hour, with a big NO and also they wrote I have a Qsuite on the Berlin leg - which was obviously not there anymore...
- so I called the Australian/Indian number - super friendly, helpful, professional agent. Told me that as it is an award ticket, she needs approval from another department and she is willing to change it for me.
Asked me to call few hours later. So instead of calling Australia, I called the Polish number - a super nice lady told me the change was approved and changed my ticket on the spot, so am flying out from Warsaw.
And thanx to that, I'll be able to spend an afternoon in Doha, meet friends, booked a hotel through Qatar Stopovers, will go to the airport early enough to pay for an entrance to Al Safwa - I know
there'll be no alcohol, but at least I'll get to see the place and maybe eat something good ;-)

So as the information on the forum stated - only the Australian number worked ;-)
what a hassle!

Hope you have a great trip.