FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico [Master Thread]
Old May 3, 2019, 1:51 pm
mrfussion

Originally Posted by bhrubin

It has issues. But those will diminish in time as the team is more experienced since the closure and reopening. But the hard product alone is easily worth the 85K per night. That still is LESS than this property was at 30K SPG points per night (or 90K Marriott points), let alone when it was peak at 35K SPG points per night (or 105K Marriott points).

I realize it was the initial conversion, but I'm not sure I agree with the 3 to 1 as way of thinking on an ongoing basis. For example, I charged $120k to my former Amex SPG last month. That resulted in 271k points being added to my Marriott account. That gives us a comparison ratio around 2.25 to 1. Obviously people who earn points through hotel stays have a different situation.

Specific to this property, at my earning ratio, 85k points is the equivalent of $755 on a cash back card at 2%. The property is not worth that imo. Although maybe my opinion should be discounted on that point … you could offer me a free stay and I wouldn't have a desire to fly from California to stay at this property …