FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old May 3, 2019, 3:43 am
WHBM

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by jrl767
iirc XJ ran their ARJ-85s with a 16F/59Y configuration, which would have been four rows of F (standard 2-2) and 12 rows of Y (all 2-3 except for the first row being 2-2) ... one of the best-ever ratios for upgrades
Every 146/RJ I have ever been in (and there have been a good few over time), all in Europe, was 3+3 throughout. As was this last one. They used to have cloth seats (I remember an early 146-100 with bright orange seats throughout) but in recent times al, from various carriers, had dark blue leather seats.

Premium up front is done by just seating passengers with an unoccupied middle. On this last flight there wasn't even a curtain to pull, but the maybe two rows up front did seem to get served a nice dinner, being elegantly served by our lady of a Certain Age, who acted like a benevolent but all-seeing school matron (you US lot will have to find out what that role is). We didn't do too badly in the back though, with a cup of coffee, a small pack of biscuits, a bag of crisps - and a very pleasant end of day Gin & Tonic

Mesaba, flying as Northwest Airlink, a Northwest Airlines brand, flew it that way
The entire Mesaba/Northwest fleet was sold in one transaction to CityJet of Dublin, they were some of the last built, and although some have now been retired, a good few remain, including those now operating in Aer Lingus livery from Dublin to London City, parallel to what I was flying. In fact one taxied out shortly before us; two 146/RJ operators on the same route in 2019.

Last edited by WHBM; May 3, 2019 at 9:07 am