FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another backtracking question -- SFO - SIN - TPE
Old May 3, 2019, 2:33 am
Unionruler

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by OWBlueMoon
Hi all,

Planning a trip to Singapore and Taipei, and I was thinking this would be a terrific routing for a KF award. As I've now discovered it is not uncommon for the web UI to show the advertised price for the route (89k for saver J) and then it actually selects the price based on 2 separate awards (125.5k). I'm a little surprised they consider it backtracking for the most direct routing on such a straightforward route.

Does anyone have experience with this or similar routes? In this case am I out of luck or is there any hope they will allow the booking if I call them? Would it be pushing my luck to try and add a stopover in SIN?

Thanks!
Exceeds MPM (125% of great circle distance), but HUCA a few times and you should be able to find a sympathetic agent who will bend the rules and ticket for 89k. If you ask for stopover upfront, conflating the issues will likely result in the agent not being able to get you anything. With an on hold/ confirmed award, you can work forwards to build in the stopover.