FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching)
Old May 2, 2019, 7:30 pm
reaper99999

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
None of the above. DW and I have been applying @ every #33 days since Jan 2018. Every app has been approved. For the last six months or so, we haven't gotten any auto approvals. All require calling in, or answering the phone when Citi calls us at odd hours (6:30 pm on a Sunday.)

The CSR sends us a text to our cell phones to verify who we are, and a couple of minutes later we are approved. We've never been asked to verify income. Then again I have a multi decade history with Citi, and DW a 10 year + history. Don't know if that makes a difference or not.

We aren't asking for extra miles anymore, since our last apps were already 60K. Doesn't seem worth the trouble for a mere 5K miles. And the next set of 4 mailers are for 65K, so nothing to be done, at least at the moment.

Wow, that's awesome. You guys must be blessed.

I just applied yesterday (5/1) after an approved app on 4/18 (last app before that was 2/5), but got auto-denial. Tried calling into various EO hotlines (must've called 7 different CSRs) but they all said they have a rule that they only allow 1 card per product each 60 days so they wont even be able to resubmit my app for recon. Should I keep trying or am I just SOL (maybe I fall into the cursed category?)?