FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoorDash, Postmates, GrubHub, UberEats, Eat24 & Other Meal Delivery Services
Old May 2, 2019, 12:45 pm
milepig
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Dadaluma83
I've never used any 3rd party delivery service and never will due to my paranoia of my food being tampered with. Reading the Uber eats reddit did nothing to put my mind at ease with all the drivers complaining about nobody tipping and one admitting to bringing his own straw and skimming food and drink from people's orders from resaurants that didnt seal up the bag. We all hear stories from time to time of delivery drivers tampering with food, and thats just the ones that get caught. Call me paranoid but I'm too weary of letting a stranger be alone with my food in their car.
Since you offered, you're being paranoid.

You can tip the driver when you place the order. The bags are all zipped up by the restaurant and in the back of the car. The driver makes money by speedy service, and they're focused on getting your food to you. I actually trust those restaurant based drivers less. I live across from a popular pizza joint, and some of their drivers are sketchy. What are 3rd party driver's motivation to tamper with my food? Why would they want to kill me? If just makes no sense. The pick up the food, rush to my door as fast as they possibly can, deliver it and they're off to their next stop. End of story.