FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Graham Washington DC Georgetown, Tapestry Collection by Hilton {US-DC}
Old May 2, 2019, 11:18 am
SPBanker
Ambassador: Finnair Plus

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Arrow The Graham Washington DC Georgetown, Tapestry Collection by Hilton {US-DC}

Check In Check in was easy, really nice staff behind the counter. We were offered choice between rooms on the first floor (windows facing back-yard) or the fifth floor. We decided to take the fifth (ahhah). Basement restaurant's (Speakeasy) smoking terrace is below the first floor rooms, or at least in their vicinity. We decided not to take any chances on this. We were also explained the breakfast benefit ($15 per person off the breakfast). Room Our room 501 had windows to the street, but there was really no noise, not from the street and not from the rooftop bar (there is only one floor between).Pretty nice-sized room with a king-size bed. There was a smallish desk and one chair. Everything was relatively new and in good condition. Extra points for the large cabinets. Minibar, coffee machine etc. are in one of them. Bathroom was roomy, and we didn't have any problems with water pressure or temperature. Standard L'Occitane toiletries. Service All our interactions with the hotel staff were positive. Very courteous staff, and they had been trained well. Second morning at the breakfast the waiter already remembered our preferences re: juice and coffee etc.When we checked out we needed a taxi to DCA. The staff were quick in getting us our ride. Dining We had breakfast every morning in Speakeasy, i.e. in the basement of the building. Diamond (Gold as well?) benefit was $15 off the check per person. Most entrees were between $15 and $20, coffee $6 (with refills), orange juice $8, so not exactly cheap... Everything was very tasty and of high quality, though.We visited the rooftop bar one evening. Very popular place, so better to arrive early if you want to sit in a specific place. On the other hand, there is healthy flow of people in both directions, so seats will be opening up. Very nice staff, but drinks are pricey (no surprise there, I guess.) Location For me the location close to the edge of Georgetown was perfect. I was able to walk to the places I needed to visit for business (i.e. walk of of less than 30 minutes... I like walking!), and on the weekend it was very nice to walk by the riverside and just in Georgetown. (Weather was pleasant too...) M Street with all of its shops and restaurants is just a few steps from the hotel's front door.(For added excitement, the Embassy of Venezuela is in the next block, and there is always some sort of demonstration going on.) Overall The hotel is not cheap, but if you like Georgetown and your hotels a little bit more personal, The Graham is a pretty good option. Hilton Honors benefits could be somewhat better, though.