FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Almost walked, compensation advice
View Single Post
Old May 2, 2019, 6:45 am
JBord

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by micahdaniel
That is critical. I didn't see that on the website originally. I went back and scrolled down and you are correct. Too bad. This will almost never apply to me. So then really, there is no obligation for the hotel to do anything for me if I'm inside the 48 hour window then? If that's true, this hotel really went above and beyond. I should be filling out a complement card or something?
​​​​​​
I don't know how much earlier you booked the room, but there also seems to be some kind of delay in synching the main reservation system with the hotels. Many times when I've been on the last cancelled flight of the night, I've booked a hotel at the airport. A couple of those times, when I arrived, they stated the room I booked isn't available (literally 20-30 mins later). Last time it happened was about midnight in Manhattan. They walked me literally less than 2 blocks away to a more expensive hotel. The other was at a RI in San Diego. But my point is that both times this has happened, they mentioned that there's a delay or the reservation system doesn't look at the hotel in real time.

Not sure if it's true or just that they occupy the last room during my transit, but it does mean if you're booking same day, it probably doesn't hurt to call the hotel directly to confirm after you reserve.