Old May 2, 19, 5:40 am
whimsey21

Programs: AA Plat Pro, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
After several stays at the Conrad, I just tried the Londonhouse, with mixed results. On the good side, the room was beautiful. I was pre-upgraded to a king corner room, which was probably nicer than Iíve seen in any other US Hilton property excluding Conrads (though it gave those a run for their money). The room was very spacious- it would have been perfect if traveling with small children, as there was a couch large enough to sleep on, and plenty of space for a rollaway. Amenities were good (Londonhouse branded Malin and Goetz), among with a nespresso machine and nice robes and slippers. All of the staff with whom I interacted (except for the dour bartender in the lobby bar) were friendly and helpful.
There were two downsides, which will deter me from returning. As a light sleeper, the noise situation wasnít great. I had asked for a quiet room and was initially given a room in the 4th floor. I walked in and was greeted by loud honking snd traffic that sounded like the windows were open (which they were not). I went back and got myself moved to the 19th floor, which mostly solved the traffic noise, though I could still hear it faintly. On this floor I could easily hear the music from the rooftop bar, again through the windows. Internal soundproofing wasnít much better- all of the hallway noise came through the door, and the a/c ramped up and down every few minutes very loudly - it reminded me of those window units at the Hampton Inn.
The other thing I found a bit annoying were the elevators. Despite an elevator bank of 8 lifts, only two seemed to actually work. The elevators are summoned by entering your desired floor into a control screen, and youíre told which elevator to use. Since everyone was being sent to the same two, there were large crowds trying to pile into each lift, and I had to wait for the elevators to go up and return twin or three times before managing to get in. It easily took me 10 minutes of waiting to be able to get from the lobby to then 19th floor. This put me off quite a bit, as it took me a good 39 minutes longer than I expected to checkin and put my stuff away.
The one service fail was at the bar- i ordered a cocktail off their menu, and the bartender brought me something completely different. She then wandered off to talk with a coworker in the back, Not a big thing, but also not an incentive to return.
In general, between the noise and the elevators,
i wonít be rushing back, even though the property itself is quite nice.