FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 60 Qcredits for attaining Platinum status
Old May 1, 2019, 7:47 pm
Dr. HFH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by fender5787
I know QRPC rightfully gets a bunch of crap for not being very good to their members, from devaluations to bad lounges at DOH for elites, but as someone who just recently entered the QR ecosystem, QR has made it remarkably easy for me to reach high level elite status with them and subsequently OW. With the smart use of promotional offers, a single rt from the US east coast to SE Asia in J (r-fare bucket) has netted me QR gold and with a subsequent trip to SE Asia coming up, I should be QR platinum by mid-year, and have OW emerald status. I can’t think of another airline where one can reach the highest level status on such few trips. Perhaps that’s why they are devaluing the program? But regardless, as long as QR remains in OW, I am quite happy crediting these trips on QR (which were lovely flights) to QRPC. Just to put it into context, I’ve long flown Delta/Skyteam for domestic/TATL trips and even in paid J, it usually will take me until October to get the mqm’s to reach DL plat and I’m usually just at the cusp of reach diamond by years end (didn’t make it last year, and this is without the use of airline branded credit cards).
In terms of earn/burn, QRPC is a terrible program. I did an analysis comparing QRPC to AAdvantage, and QRPC just doesn't measure up. Link.

I'm on the wind-down of a two year QRPC PLT qualification, and I won't be renewing because I stopped crediting to QRPC completely. I might feel differently if QRPC PLT got me into Al Safwa. However, the only thing it's been good for has been admission to the AA Flagship Lounges, which I use maybe six times/year. Given the pathetic earn/burn ratio, I just could not justify continuing to credit to QRPC. I'd rather live without the Flagship Lounges and, instead, get more redemption tickets.