FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Struggling with Finnair
View Single Post
Old May 1, 2019, 10:07 am
Joshm300

Struggling with Finnair

Hi all,

Looking for a bit of advice as I've not used Finnair before - I've been booked on a work trip to LED (St Petersburg) in Economy, as BA wanted £600 for the dates in question, I have saved about £300 by using Finnair for the outbound (booked on their site in class Z). I now realise that I am on the A350 on the way out to HEL and would like to understand my upgrade options (due to reading so much about this route and aircraft on here!)

As far as I understand this is not a BA code share route when booked to LED, so my questions are,

1. Can I use my BA avios to upgrade this flight if reward seats become available?
2. How do I assess if there is reward availability - it's not currently showing for that flight on the ba site when doing a dummy booking?
3. What is the process for upgrading?

I would consider using my own cash to upgrade the LHR-HEL leg if it was POUG type pricing - does anyone have any experience on what is the best way to upgrade with money with Finnair? Do they do AUPs if there is space?

Finally, if I stay in economy Z class, will I get 15 tier points each way, or does this selling class not earn BA TPs when booked with Finnair? (looking at the booking on BA.com, shows no rewards). Also, do I get BA seating privileges in Z class, as I don't seem to be able to select seats on Finnair.com?

Thanks in advance.

(Mods sorry if this shouldn't be in the BA forum (I am flying back BA in my defence))