FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 60 Qcredits for attaining Platinum status
Old May 1, 2019, 7:44 am
escape4

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by fender5787

In late February, when I booked my first QR trip to SE Asia I saw a promo for double qpoints and qmiles for a certain booking period and I fell in that period. Now yesterday I saw another promo for double qpoints for flights booked before May 6th and using that promo I just booked another SE Asia trip. Hence, I’m at 320 now and should be at 640 by mid year. Note, these weren’t targeted offers or anything (I wasn’t even a member of QRPC when I saw the first offer), all I needed to do was register the offer from the “my offers” tab on the QRPC website. Yes, getting status this fast means booking tickets during certain promotional periods, but the fact is that there have been a double qpoint promo about once a quarter so far this year, which indicates this seems to be quite a common practice by QR.
I can confirm to you that it's not a common practice. From memory, in 2015-2017 there were lots of promos, sometimes all the way up to 5x miles, but not so much about qpoints. So you should probably not expect that 2 round trips in R will be sufficient in the future to renew OW emerald. Maybe there will be more promos like that again (hopefully so) but I think 2019 promos of doubling qpoints is the exception not the rule, if we go by historical promos in the last 5 years.