FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Frankfurt Airport FRA, Germany [Master Thread]
Old Apr 30, 2019, 10:23 pm
Nazdoom

Originally Posted by christianj
Weird and I wonder why they would do this unless they felt they could get a higher price for rooms under a different brand (Marriott in this case) or if the hotel wasn't selling out as just a Sheraton (which I don't think is the case). Given is that the hotel has much more competition than it did years ago with the Hilton and HGI and also the new properties in the Gateway Gardens area. For me the Marriott and Sheraton brands essentially compete against one another so it would make more sense to go with a Sheraton and then a high-end brand like (RC or St. R or even a LeM or Westin) or go more budget (CY or something like that).
I can't speak to the branding, but I actually met a former manager of this hotel who now works at another property, in Asia, who told me about the sheer number of operational problems this property experiences resulting in extremely high turnover. I wouldn't be surprised to see extreme measures be taken at some point, including rebranding.