FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Small Victory in SAN for AS?
View Single Post
Old Apr 30, 2019, 10:11 pm
PDXPremier
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
I'm trying to figure out what you're saying here. For some reason, none of this makes any sense to me. Underselling F means more upgrades so I'm not even sure why anyone here would be opposed to that. Nevertheless, my point is that, while there may be some $499 fares, that's usually limited to a couple of seats and then prices start getting higher. Whether they sell the entire F cabin or not, ???
I don't think the poster was referring to underselling the actual cost of seats in the F cabin, but rather the fact that AS routinely will put fewer seats in F for sale (at whatever price) than they actually have....I have seen this multiple times and to be honest, it's a head scratcher....makes me wonder if it's some weird technical glitch. Last summer I think my SBA-PDX flight went to F0 when there were actually multiple F seats available....the flight didn't even go out full in F....this happens a lot and although, as an elite, I appreciate the fact that this *may* make more seats available for elite upgrades, I have a hard time believing AS wants to give up hundreds of dollars in potential revenue for the seat so they can keep it available for a "free" upgrade.