Old Apr 30, 19, 3:17 pm
flyer4512

Programs: IHG,Hyatt, Hilton Diamond, Marriott, Wyndham, SPG, United, Delta, Alaska, AA, Southwest
Originally Posted by MaxVO View Post
I don't see the logic. Are you assuming that careless Citi reps can better follow verbal instructions than the written ones?

Reps on the phone speak English, most if not all of the chat reps are foreign and using phrases they have saved to communicate , so yes I believe the call center reps will be more accurate.

I never had a problem closing well over 100 cards using SM, I have now closed 2 cards via chat and already had an issue.

Also, when you are doing a CL reduction or closing a card via chat the changes don't show up until you log out and log back in, doing so would disconnect the chat.

If you call and use an agent you can log out/in and verify the changes are correct BEFORE you hang up. Any issues can be corrected on the spot by the person who made the change and speaks English.

Do as you wish, IMO it's only a matter of time until a card in the middle of a spend gets closed by a chat rep.

Last edited by flyer4512; Apr 30, 19 at 3:57 pm