FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which countries or regions has AccorHotels forgotten?
Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:19 pm
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Metropolitan Airlines
Unacceptable
Hong Kong - no Mercure, Sofitel, Banyan Tree, Fairmont, a lot sub-par than Singapore
I would not consider personally the HKG situation as unacceptable with the nice Pullman and the mid-scale range hotels. For sure, there should be a Sofitel there but that doesn't mean the situation is currently unacceptable IMHO.

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Nothing in the French Territory of New Caledonia!
Indeed. There was an Ibis before in Nouméa Baie des citrons (I stayed in many years ago ) and there was a Sofitel announced in Nouméa which finally never materialized. Those days are long gone.

My own list would be :
- France : I am sure many of you are surprised to read this knowing the huge implantation of Accor in France, but we are missing some decent Sofitel and also some Pullman in the main French cities. Look at the South of France in the Menton/Nice/Antibes/Cannes/St Tropez area. This is a super wealthy region which receive a lot of business and tourists and what do we have? very few upscale brands apart an obscure Pullman in Cannes/Mandelieu and an overpriced Fairmont Monte Carlo. Nothing upscale in Nice (only Mercure, Novotels, Ibis, etc). This is hardly understandable.
- Scandinavia : already said by other posters. A big hole...
- USA : still very underserved, even after FRHI acquisition
- Japan : in progress since the Pullman in Tokyo, but a lot of room for growth
- Italy +++
- Spain (outside BCN)
- Ireland
- Greece