FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Losing Assigned Seats? (Family w/ children, equipment change)
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:56 am
Global321

Originally Posted by BDLMSYDL
Dealing with this for BDL-LAX tomorrow, except with a 738 reconfig. AA blames it on the MAX 8, but I've seen many times where they change the 738 config on a dime.

- Booked 8A-E when I booked the tickets in January (old 738 config)
- About 2 hours ago, flight changed to an aircraft with the new 738 config, reassigned us to 10A,10B,8C (bulkhead),10D,10E
- My wife is now separate in 8C
- System won't let me check-in because it shows that she's in a bulkhead and can't with minors on the reservation

Got an "oh well" from the agent and to ask at the airport. They said they would be happy to give me a seat in row 20 where there's 5 together open.

So glad I put all of those miles on AA last year...

Hoping the person in 10C will swap
Why can't you be in the bulkhead with minors? I have never heard of that before.

Exit row is the only restriction I know of; no minors on the itinerary.

Assuming it is not an air marshal, swapping 10C for 8C should be an easy trade.
(Air marshal would be one of the few reasons I can think of for the computer to make that move and break you up like that.)

Can you move the person in 10E to 10F? If yes, you might want to do it. It would give you additional trade bait... moving from 10E middle to 8C bulkhead is a no brainer.
(And if 10C switches with your wife, 10E moving to 10F would be a good trade as well.)