FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unpleasant experience with BA call centre
Old Apr 30, 2019, 4:38 am
CosmoCosmo

Angry Unpleasant experience with BA call centre

Hi. This is my first post. Wish it wasn't about this! I've booked Club World GLA to MCO next year, via LGW with my 11 year old. I spoke to an agent a few weeks ago to change the time of the first connection and explained that I'm disabled, although I'm usually mobile. He told me to call back on the Executive Club number once I received an email to confirm the booking change and I'd be able to select our seats free of charge and add any other assistance. (I think it's pretty rubbish that even in flying in business class that BA charge extra for seat selection, but that's another thread!).

I called today to request seats. I spoke to a male agent who was so rude. He told me I could only request a seat if I was using a wheelchair. I said that's not what the first agent told me. He then asked me why I would require assistance. I said I'd require being close to a bathroom in an aisle seat, and he then said - this is the bit that has made me so angry and upset! - that I am not disabled! I told him that I have the higher rates of daily living and mobility PIP and a blue badge and it wasn't up to him to tell me whether I have disabilities or not. He was really horrible and refused to help. I asked to speak to a manager and he refused. I asked again and he agreed to get someone to call me back and then hung up!

I'm waiting for a callback, but in the meantime came to the forum and found the link to the CAA guidance for passengers for hidden disabilities. Virgin and several other airlines have been brilliant in accommodating me since I became disabled, I'm quite shocked at this interaction with BA. If I don't hear back, I'll try contacting the special assistance helpline. Just wondered if this was typical of anyone else's experience at all?