FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis San Francisco [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Apr 29, 2019, 11:59 pm
ShinyO

First stay at St. Regis SF

I’m a Bay Area local but still fairly new and have yet to spend much time in SF for anything other than work meetings.

I booked a spur of the moment same-day, one night reservation at the StR this past weekend. It was a very enjoyable stay.

I paid cash and booked via Whatahotel (Signature Travel benefits.) I think this is the first property where I did not run into any problems getting the benefits that come with this type of travel booking. Since it was a last-minute reservation the agent warned me not to expect a room upgrade or early check-in due to low availability. But I got both (1-category upgrade to deluxe king room from basic king room, which I understand is a higher floor and therefore a slightly better view.)

Service was fast and excellent all around. The room was a bit smallish (given that so much space is taken up with a hallway) but well-appointed. The restaurant was fine though with so many great dining options in SF I’m not sure I would eat dinner there without the $100 F&B credit. I did room service for breakfast, which was very nice. The server was great and I was still full from dinner the night before so the continental breakfast (included) was sufficient for me.

I didn’t really partake in too many of the hotel amenities as my main goal was to go on a 6-mi tourist walk of Fisherman’s Wharf/Pier 39/Lombard St/Coit Tower/Chinatown/Union Square (am probably forgetting a few.) The location of the StR was ideal for that. Also, I’ve never really appreciated a 4pm checkout before since I could always leave my luggage at a baggage check if needed. But the ability to take a shower after my long sweaty hilly walk before popping onto the BART back home was really appreciated. All in all a great stay and I look forward to returning the next time I need a break from the Bay Area ‘burbs.