FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz Carlton Langkawi Malaysia [Master Thread]
Old Apr 29, 2019, 2:03 pm
lost_in_translation

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
We had beach villa 19 which was amazing since it was very private.
If you can get that, I think it beats the oceanfront (overwater) villas because you’re closer to everything, you have direct beach access and it’s very private.
I didn’t look at the oceanfront villas myself, but judging by photos and videos, the private pools didn’t seem very private. It seemed like you could see right into your neighbors’ pools.
The beach villas closer to the Beach Grill restaurant have zero privacy though, so I’d definitely want to avoid those. Anyone on the beach will be able to see into / walk past your pool.

If they get their stuff together, this can be a great hotel. The hardware and beach are good.
And I heard that service got better after we left (when management was back from vacation...).

But service wise, the St. Regis is hard to beat. I think it’s one of the best St. Regis Hotels in the world, better than the St. Regis Osaka even. But in the afternoon there’s no beach/sea, so that’s not great. The service and food make up for it, though.
I asked to see an Ocean Front Villa just before I checked out so that I could compare in case I went back and needed to know which to book. Also very nice, but I marginally preferred the Beach Villa I was given, I think. Depends what your preference is, I probably would take an Ocean Front Villa over the less desirable Beach Villas. Apparently, when the hotel opened Beach Villas were priced above Ocean Front Villas at first then they decided to flip it.

As nice as the ocean view from the villa would have been, being able to wake up and find this at the bottom of the steps was pretty great too.