FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What time should the battlefield upgrade list be cleared?
Old Apr 29, 2019, 5:44 am
FlyngSvyr

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Yesterday, I was taking a flight on an EMB-175 from EWR. There were two unbooked FC seats and I was first on the SB list. The GA didn't clear the list before starting pre-boarding. When she called 1K's, I walked up to the BP reader and asked the GA if she was planning to clear the waitlist. She confirmed I was first on the list and told me to go ahead and scan my Y BP and then take one of the open FC seats. I did, and kept refreshing the upgrade list on the app until finally I saw my name clear about 10 minutes later.

Theoretically, someone could have done a TOD purchase of that seat before the FA got to clearing the list, which would have made things interesting. I'm with the others who say the list should be cleared at least 5 minutes before pre-boarding.
Similar thing happened to me last year on a 175. 4 open FC seats when they called preboarding. Myself & another 1K asked the GA when the were going to clear the upgrade list since we were both sitting @ the top of the list. They had forgotten and cleared us right away. The interesting thing was that they must have panicked and pushed the wrong buttons. I was cleared into C instead of PZ for that segment and was able to SDC my next segment into C from an economy fare