FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, Macau [Master Thread]
Old Apr 29, 2019, 4:40 am
jpdx
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
to me, lounge offering were just ok, service was ok to good. However i dont expect extraordinary thing from a 4000-room hotel anyway.
Just quoting this post, but there are several others like it. I’d be interested in hearing what Sheratons you guys are staying at. IME, this club lounge is spectacular, not only considering the size of the hotel, but also compared to other Sheratons in Asia. Breakfast at the lounge has an egg station, hot and cold buffet options (including things like wild boar salami and Parma ham), tasty fruits, salads, pastries. It’s the closest a lounge breakfast comes to a full restaurant buffet IMO (not to mention, the quality of the specialty items is quite excellent). And if it’s not enough, you can give up your 1000 points and have breakfast at Bene.

Evening snacks are also excellent, with several items from the Feast buffet making an appearance. Some nights, they have a giant sea bass, feijoada, African chicken, plus delicious antipasti from Bene, supplemented by a daily special dish brought to the table by staff (e.g., scallops, birds nest). Tasty desserts. Granted, some nights are stronger than others, and the place can be a zoo (due to the fact that there are some 350 club rooms). The bar isn’t particularly strong if you’re expecting cocktails, but they will be try. What shocks me most is that I’m greeted by name by several staff (and with 3-4 annual stays here, I’m not exactly a regular).

I’ve stayed here maybe 20 times since the hotel opened, and tbh, there was a time the club was awful. Cheap food, a terrible crowd. And there were great times (when the club was closed and one could have the full Feast or Xin buffet instead, for a while with premium liquors). But quite frankly, in this current state, the club is very strong, and I don’t know of any Sheraton that can compete.

Granted, I only stay here midweek, so the Saturday experience may be worse. I’m 90% suite upgrades, including some of the amazing high roller suites on the 39th/40th floor. And my rates are usually in the 600HKD range (after easy BRG). What’s not to like?!