FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can we still earn miles on CZ?
View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2019, 4:40 pm
jaimemayo

Programs: DL Diamond, 2 MM
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
Generally speaking, original routing credit only applies for day of departure changes, such as IROPS or taking a bump. You usually can't get ORC for a change that happened months in advance. That said, the OP should be OK, as even though CZ isn't a SkyTeam member, you can still earn DL miles flying them as long as they ticketed you in an eligible fare class. Check the partners page for details:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html

I don't know the rules about baggage.

Also, since DL changed the carrier you're flying, you can refund the ticket for no charge and buy a new one if you prefer.
I tried to switch to the MU flight that my friend was switched to. The DL agent said that can only be done if our tix are linked. I don’t want them linked because our destinations once in the US are different. So she was moved from the original MU flight to a MU flight leaving at 9:00 am. I was switched from the original MU flight to a CZ flight leaving at 9:15 am. She tried to switch to my flight but CZ said there were no more seats. I had a mixup once with MU and it took forever to get it correct so I’m not sure I want to fool around with the ticket. (The problem was that MU actually used my email name as my given name. When I asked that my ticket be reissued with my given name it took them several phone calls and two months to change the name on my ticket).