FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will I keep my two C saver awards on UA 1 SFO-SIN?
Old Apr 27, 2019, 7:31 pm
Chapel Hill Guy

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Will I keep my two C saver awards on UA 1 SFO-SIN?

Long story I'll try to condense.

I booked two C saver awards outbound on AC and LX through ZRH to SIN. It wasn't ideal but I'll take it.

Inbound UA HKG-ORD.

About three days or so later, I noticed the AC flights had vanished from my itinerary, but LX flight ZRH-SIN was still there. I called UA (got a great agent), who couldn't tell me what had happened but given the flights were back in award inventory, she rebooked it and ticket reissued.

About another three days or so later, AC flights again vanish. I called UA (got another great agent), who also could not say what happened, but asked if I would like to book the flights all on UA. Sure, but I wasn't sure how she would do that. A few minutes later we're booked in F to SFO and then in C on UA 1 SFO-SIN.

Now when I was looking for award flights to SIN, I never saw even one C seat on SFO-SIN in the about six week window I examined.

The flight is booked in I, so I presume she didn't grab standard award seats. About a week later the itinerary looks fine. No sure how she did this, but my big fear is we'll get to SFO and be told that the C seats were booked in error and we'll get pushed back into Y for the 17+ hour flight.

Thoughts?

TIA