FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Marriott's "breakfast offering" explained, by brand and by Bonvoy elite level
Old Apr 27, 2019, 7:20 pm
itravelalot
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Horace
If hotels find themselves paying out $100 often, their management will eventually get the message that cheating Elite guests out of published benefits is bad business.

Of course, every agent at Marriott Bonvoy Guest Services should have a decent understanding of the Terms & Conditions and be willing and able to straighten out hotels that fail to comply (or at least to get supervisor to do so). The line, "I called Marriott who confirmed from the Corporate side that the property does not provide breakfast in the restaurant," would indicate a disgusting lack of training and competence at Marriott Bonvoy Guest Services. Sadly, there have been many such reports on this forum.
I agree wholeheartedly. Unfortunately I think a lot of people are pushovers. Just look at all the resorts charging resort fees for internet access and not providing an alternative amenity as required by the terms and conditions. This highlights the need for Marriott having a special department to enforce claims when properties refuse to provide the compensation. Gary Leff raised the problem with having no where to go when Marriott's customer service gives the wrong answer on View from the Wing today or yesterday. This is the same thing.