FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need help finding award seat SFO-HYD
View Single Post
Old Apr 27, 2019, 1:17 pm
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by torrentkid
My SO is planning to travel RT SFO-HYD anytime in the first week of May and return around last week of June. I'm a rookie, please correct me if I'm wrong. I tried checking in JAL and it showed about 47500 miles + $280.56 USD for SFO-DXB in EK First Class one way. But I'm not sure how to get so many points into JAL or if there's a better way to get at least Business class on any other airlines. I'm flexible on the airlines, class (biz and above), mixed class legs, dates.

Also, I tried searching on FlyerMiler - Brought to you by the Economical Excursionists for checking costs. The first result shows
<snip>
But, when I check in Alaska website, the cheapest tickets it shows is 82,5k miles + $20 one-way. Why is the flyermiler showing 62500 while the Alaska site shows 82500? Is this is a discrepancy or am I doing something wrong?
Different ffp's charge different ff miles/points/avios for the same trip on the same airline. And some ffp's can have cash surcharges on awards. Award rules vary. If an award flight has multiple segment the on lines guides (flyermiles/awardhacker) may not be 100%
Freq flyer miles are not 1 to 1 in different ffps.

Hoping for a premium award seat in few weeks time is a gamble.
What ffp's do you have ff miles in?

https://www.awardhacker.com/#f=SFO&t...=0&c=j&s=1&p=0