View Single Post
Old Apr 27, 19, 1:01 pm
teemuflyer

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by C46 View Post
I would be very surprised, if the TXL-route returns in 2020.

To me, as a German, Berlin is highly overrated, as a tourist attraction. It's okay for a 2-day trip and/or if one chooses to explore the pub/club scene; I don't see many further attractions for tourists, within a 100-mile radius.
And as a business route, it shouldn't work, due to the short season. Furthermore the hard product will not attract many Germans, to choose AA over DL to JFK.
I'll defer to you to a certain level, but when we visited we loved Museum Island (all day event), Check Point Charlie and surrounding museums and the TV Tower and surrounding areas. If you're in to history, plenty to see. We also enjoyed the numerous Christmas Markets, given the time of year. And I'd go back to Berlin just for the restaurant Henne, best fried chicken I think I've ever had. But I digress..

It seems that we all sometimes fall into the "from" to only analysis. By this I mean, there might actually be Berliners wanting to visit the US during the summer, and having a direct flight to a hub city like PHL from where one can reach almost all major 48 state destinations is possible, might come into play. It's not just Americans wanting to visit Berlin..

Last edited by teemuflyer; Apr 28, 19 at 10:15 pm