FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancelled & Delayed
View Single Post
Old Apr 27, 2019, 8:18 am
NextTrip

Originally Posted by JRF
My flight was delayed over an hour when I checked it before sunrise. One the way to the airport it was delayed another hour. Once at the airport, delayed another hour. (The flight was from Charlotte to Dallas non-stop.

My colleague texted me that his Seattle flight was delayed, delayed, cancelled.

My flight was delayed again.

I decided I could not risk my flight being cancelled. I had already cleared security at CLT so I walked to another terminal and paid the walkup fare and purchased a one way ticket on AA from CLT to DFW. Cost me more than half of a round trip ticket to Europe.

What did I learn? I had not flown on AA in over 20 years. The leg room in AA coach on this bird had more leg room than on newer WN planes. The flight crew was outstanding. I should consider AA in the future as well as WN as I cannot trust WN to tell me when a flight will be cancelled when they play the never ending delay flight game.

Be it weather, the max 8 problem, WN seems to be headed down the wrong path on how they are pushing delays further and further out. I think WN had a good idea before the day started that my fight was going to be delayed way further out or cancelled. If they had just said that up front, I could have managed to change within the WN system.

This is the 3rd time in the past 6 months WN has let me down!

Frustrated loyal as they get WN flyer.
Was your original flight eventually cancelled?