FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Business class service - from July 2018 - Experiences and Discussion
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:44 pm
Cambo

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by landingpoint
.... Could I have chosen both appetiser AND soup? Could I have cheese, fruits, dessert AND ice cream? The answer to both questions is surprisingly yes (and it was a full cabin) but I had to specifically ask for the items (i.e. they are not proactively offered).​​​​​​
Yes, I had the same experience. My only comment was "they forgot", but as long as their administration is paperwork and post-it based, I understand.

Also wanted to know how flexible they can be - so I selected the full western breakfast option and scribbled an additional request to have yogurt with granola (which is only available as part of the continental breakfast option). I also selected 2 drinks (1 hot and 1 cold).​​​​​​
I did the same with 3 drinks and I got all. Did not try the extra food itself, because I was still full from the main meal. It would be nice, if one could ask for extra garlic bread.

Breakfast service started 2 hours before landing. Strangely, those who chose express breakfast option was served first (I thought the point is to let them have time for more sleep??).​​​​​​
With the express breakfast, you can sleep longer and still being served. If you wake up early, they won't force you to wait, so to say.

Last time, I woke up just over 45 mins out and still got served my full breakfast with the 3 drinks I did request. They initially did forget the pepper/salt though.

.....meaning the pastries were cold by then.​​​​​​
I once got a cold tea

In all fairness, the tray wouldn't comfortably fit 2 drinks.​​​​​​
Yep, and the table is to small to host a bigger tray, let alone, be able to have all items put on the table direct. It'll fall down.

Liked the breakfast card concept so hopefully the delivery gets better in the future.​​​​
Me to, though I seriously do hope, they automate the whole and the cabin staff gets the time to do what the whole intention of this food concept change was: More interaction with the passengers.
Every decent restaurant does nowadays have mobile ordering devices and everything "on the computer", in-stead of a manual post-it administration .....