FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will I have problems flying in the future?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:59 am
smartytravel

Will I have problems flying in the future?

So I just had a nightmarish experience with KLM, and I was fed with a lot of misinformation about KLM’s 24-hour policy. Delta was involved in this by accident (since they take care of reservations/customer service on behalf of KLM in the US).

Short version: I wanted to change the destination city on my trip. I believed and I was led to believe that I was within 24-hour cancellation policy. Nobody was able to provide me with consistent information whether I qualified for a full refund and whether I was within a 24 hour cancellation policy.

Here’s the situation:
1. KLM is not very clear about their 24 hour cancellation policy. It specifies that you can cancel within 24 hours after booking, but it doesn’t specify when the clock starts ticking. I was under assumption that as a joint venture partner with Delta, they had the same policy.

2. I call KLM US to confirm. The first agent tells me that my ticket was not fully refundable. The second agent, after consulting with the supervisor, tells me that it was going to be fully refunded if it’s made until midnight the day after I make a booking.

3. I call Delta to ask about that and they said KLM had the same policy as them.

4. I placed a refund request/cancellation online.

5. I reached out to Facebook KLM, and they told me I was not going to get a refund.

6. I call KLM again, and ask whether I would get a refund for the 24 hour cancellation policy. The agent says no, so I ask her to undo my request. She says that there’s no way to do it, so I ask her to make a note that if it’s not going to be refunded, I don’t want to have this trip cancelled.

7. In the morning, I receive an email that they were not going to process my refund request because I notified them that I would be using the ticket and that I cancelled the refund request (which was not true!)

8. I call KLM AGAIN, spoke to the supervisor. He made an exception and transferred my KLM ticket as a eCredit for delta.

9. I asked him to place a reservation for me, using the credit. He did this but he started to amend the existing booking. He transféred KLM ticket 074 to be delta’s Ticket 006, and told me that I would not be able to make any more changes. I said fine.

10. However, to my horror, despite confirming the flight dates several times, he put for the wrong date for an onward flight. I did not noticethhis until he disconnected...

11. I call delta (since this was delta’s ticket now)

12. I explained the situation (short version), and they "offered" to revert to what it was before. They also said that the previous agent was not supposed to make that change. They also said that under no circumstance would I be able to make any further changes.

13. In the end, they reverted back to the original itinerary, with the exception that now it’s a Delta ticket (as opposed to KLM), and some flights are marketed DL, as opposed to KL.

14. Further, when I look on the KLM website, it shows two onward journeys, one on a correct date, the other one on an incorrect date.

Will I have any trouble? Will delta or KLM ban me from flying with them? How do I resolve the two onward journeys?

I know they wrote something under my PNR, lol