FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compensation for no A/C at Marriott Branded hotel
Old Apr 26, 2019, 6:59 am
globetraveler

Programs: UA Global Services 1MM,, AA Exec Plat. Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Compensation for no A/C at Marriott Branded hotel

We recently stayed at a Marriott category 6 property in Paris (50,000 points per night), and the hotel’s Air Conditioning was inoperative throughout the entire hotel for our stay. It just so happened that it was near 80 degree temperatures during our 4 days there, and my room was a complete oven the entire time with little to no ventilation.

While the staff did their best to make us comfortable, including changing rooms, it did not make a difference. For a “5 star” property (which I know is used loosely in Paris), my expectation is to have working A/C.

The hotel did not offer any compensation initially, but after I asked, I was offered 2,500 points for the trouble. I asked for one night’s worth of points returned which I think is more than fair. I should have just moved to a different hotel was that was going to be too much of an inconvenience. After escalating this up to the GM post stay- their max is 10,000 points.

Should I escalate with Marriott corporate?