FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KLM Cityhopper HUY-AMS - why are the back seats blocked?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 3:01 am
DeeGee26.2

Programs: Flying Blue, BAEC, VAFC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Forget about the miles.

If it's not worth signing up each passenger in Flying Blue, then it's certainly not worth signing everyone up in a brand new programme where you could pool the paltry amount of miles you would earn (if any) in that other programme.

I realise people hate letting miles go "begging", but going through hoops to sign up to a new account, where all miles can be claimed, isn't really achieving anything when you just end up with a tiny (and unusable) amount of miles sitting in an account which you will never be able to use for anything.
Thanks for this. Is there any way I can find out, now, how many FB points my flight will accrue? I'm almost tempted to get my son signed up for FB at least as he's likely to take one flight a year.

Originally Posted by irishguy28
(Also for the record, Virgin codeshares on KL services from HUY are only available when buying an intercontinental ticket to certain North American destinations. This tends to be the rule for codeshares on shorthaul sectors - they are only sold in conjuction with a longhaul connection)
Thanks for this, I'm rather new to this whole thing, and I'm trying to see if it's worth all the faff. I've amassed a small stash of Avios and Amex points, got some IHG stuff and some Hilton points, but HUY is my local airport, I'm hoping to save points to help with a family trip to the USA in a couple of years, I take a few KL shorthaul flights a year, so I'll never amass much, but the odd drip here and there might be able to help. Especially as I've found out that there's going to be some joint working with VS/DL/KL. And that Virgin are taking over FlyBE, so my Avios will be no good for that.

I'm not convinced that any of it is worth the extra effort...

Originally Posted by roberta_h
can't help w/ pooling (or the actual seat blocking question, sorry) but for now delta skymiles don't expire so while you'll have to get accounts for each flyer at least you can park the miles there to potentially accumulate...
Potentially interesting as I'm wanting the miles for a transatlantic flight anyway...