FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching)
Old Apr 25, 2019, 7:19 pm
VegasGambler
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I think so too. I got a rejection on a 2nd personal card where I requested 75k.

On the first one I ended up requesting 65k over chat and the agent seemed said he would request it -- let's see if I get it. I just got the rejection for the 2nd card today... I'm going to see what happens with the first one before I decide what to do with the 2nd one. But 65k may be the new 75k, at least for personal cards.
This all worked for me -- I got the match. I have posted things in multiple posts so here's a summary:

1. Got a card with an emailed mailer for 50k miles.
2. Requested match to 75k (by SM).
3. Rejected by snail mail because I was "not solicited for the offer".
4. Sent an SM saying that I understand that I was not solicited for the offer, but hoping for a one-time courtesy.
5. Rejected by snail mail with cut-and-paste "not solicited for this offer" language. Following that, there was a one-line paragraph that said "the 75,000 mile offer is for business accounts" (emphasis mine)
6. Requested a match to 65k by chat, saying that I knew that there were 65k personal offers
7. Agent said he would put the request in
8. Statement closed today; 15k bonus miles are on it. Note that I haven't met the minimum spend for this card yet (I have another month or so to finish it)

I have another card in a similar situation; currently at step 3. I'm going to skip straight to chat. I'm just going to ask for 65k.

If 65k per personal card is the new normal, I'm totally fine with that. It's a slight adjustment of expectations but still a good deal. And who knows what new offers will come out later.

My current mailers are 65k, so I guess I won't be making any more match requests for a while.

If someone manages a match on a personal card to > 65k, please post the data point here!