FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - If you are a frequent flyer, put the trays back after you finished security screening
Old Apr 25, 2019, 5:16 pm
e30st

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVP Gold
If you are a frequent flyer, put the trays back after you finished security screening

Whenever I go through security screenings, around 90% of passengers don't collect the trays and just leave it there, blocking others from getting back their stuffs.
And no, its not just a general stupidity issue, or a problem of low-educated people. Many bizclass flyer, frequent flyers with bragtags on their hand luggage also leave their trays behind.
Any real frequent flyer shall know that if you put your damn tray back where it belongs, it speeds up security. And still, most of the flyers don't do it.
Last time, when I saw a guy (around my age range, I didn't want to be unpolite with older folks), who left his tray there, I just kindly asked him: "excuse me sir, is this your first time ever flying?"
(it was a priority lane for business class and status passengers, so obviously he was flying regurarly)
So he replied with pride and confidence: "Ehh, no, I fly intercontinental at least twice a month"
I replied "Then why do you leave your trays behind, slowing down security screenings?"
He got the point, smiled at me, and collected his trays.
Let me know if I was an ....... here, the whole conversation had some humour within it, I also was quite silent, so I didn't humiliate him in front of other passengers.

It really drives me crazy that at many airports the bottleneck is actually the lack of tray-collecting. If everyone would do it, time could be reduced by 10-15%.

What do you guys think?